Horizon Montessori III
"Public Charter School in a Private School Setting."
2802 S. 77 Sunshine Strip Harlingen, TX 78550 I (956) 423-8200 I hmps.net
Our primary goal is to help each child reach his or her full individual potential while providing them with necessary resources to function in a safe and positive learning environment. Our campus is a public charter school serving PK3 - 8th grades in bright, exciting, multi-age learning environments. Our school follows the philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori and blends it with the traditional program that nourishes a love of learning, the development of curiosity, self-motivation and respect while promoting academic and social growth. We also provide a rich curriculum that surpasses all the requirements of Texas Education Knowledge and Skills (TEKS). Our campus is certified with 100% Highly Qualified Teachers. We are pleased to announce our eighth year in Harlingen, Texas!
Stop for a tour, today!
*Online applications are available, however there are waiting lists for some grades.
* Las aplicaciones en línea están disponibles, sin embargo, hay listas de espera para algunos grados.
- Monday, June 4th - Friday, June 29th (lunes 2 de junio - viernes 29 de junio)
- 8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
(Registracion en persona)
Pre-Registration hours will be from 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Below are your scheduled dates:
Below are your scheduled dates:
- June 11th – PK 3 Students ONLY
- June 12th – PK4-8th ONLY NEW Students
- ALL Returning Students: June 13th – June 15th
*Siblings must come in on their scheduled times
On these dates we will be collecting the following documents for returning and new students:
- Students Current Immunization Records
- Students Birth Certificate
- Students Social Security Card
- Current Proof of Residency; May/June water, gas or light bills will ONLY be accepted
- A copy of parent’s identification or drivers license card (NO Expired D.L. or ID Cards)
Additional information for Pre-Registration dates:
- Uniform shirts - $15 (Order & pay)
- Navy blue jackets with embroidery - $30 (Order & pay)
- Friday spirit shirts - $12 (Order & pay)
- School supply list
- 2018 - 2019 Calendar
- Current and former yearbooks
- Classroom photographs
- All documents are needed on registration dates to ensure your 2018-2019 enrollment. It is mandatory that the address is a physical address, not a mailing or P.O. Box. This address must match the online application. If you do not own your property, we will need a notarized letter stating you and your child live at the owner’s property.
In the month of July, we will need a current utility bill to finalize registration.
- Dates to finalize registration will be available during pre-registration.
- Uniforms will be available to take home during the final registration dates.
- Students will be assigned with their designated teacher during the final registration dates.
"There is a part of a child's soul that has always been unknown but which must be known. With a spirit of sacrifice and enthusiasm we must go in search like those who travel to foreign lands and tear up mountains in their search for hidden gold. This is what the adults must do who seeks the unknown factor that lies hidden in the depths of a child's soul. This is a labor in which all must share, without distinction of nation, race, or social standing since it means the bringing forth of an indispensable element for the moral progress of mankind." - Dr. Maria Montessori